Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bringing Addy Home


It was a rough start, but we made it!!! Addyson J. was born on May 27, 2008. She was 5 pounds 4 ounces, three weeks early. Her due date was June 18. I was in the middle of my very first baby shower when I started bleeding real, real bad. We rushed to the hospital and ended up staying the next ten days! I had placenta abruption. I was on bed rest the rest of the pregnancy. On top of all that, I started to get toxemia, which meant I got to be induced. I had a fourteen hour labor and ended up having a c-section. They thought I was going to deliver the placenta first, which could harm or even kill the baby. The doctor had her out in ten minutes. This is Addy getting ready to come home from the hospital at a whopping 4 pounds 14 ounces. She is worth every minute of all that pain and stress!!!

3 comments:

Bayles Family said...

I can't believe how tiny she was! What a sweetheart :)

Kimi said...

So scary! But I am glad she made it home healthy and safe.

Unknown said...

Jenn!!! I was so happy to see your blog. I figured you had your Addy, but I didn't think she would be so early. That is pretty scary, but I am VERY happy to hear everything went okay. I am glad you get to stay home with her. It is so crazy to see how small she is. I will never have a baby that little. Please keep in touch and if you are up here in the city, please please call me and we will meet for lunch or something. I am glad you and Addy and Brody are doing well.
Love ya,
Tina 6999143